How did it all start?
In 2010, Mashable, a leading media company was the first to begin #SocialMediaDay celebrations and across the world, all the followers of Mashable joined in the special celebration on June 30th, it all started on a Sunday!
Have a look at this photograph below, I had hosted the first Social Media Day event in Chennai on June 30th, 2010 and we had close to 50 participants. Ever since then, I had a yearning to do something meaningful in this space.
A lot of the core social media influencers to whom I am connected today were part of the same meet up, in fact, I first happened to meet the CEO of the one of the top brands today due to our mutual interest in the power of social media. Our enthusiasm for bringing about a digital change has lead to a successful working relationship.
So, as you can see, the opportunities brought about by hosting such events is immense and when done with a purpose that aims at solving problems of the industry, it becomes even more meaningful for the host, participants and the nation itself. This also garners a lot of media attention.
2018 has been significant in the Digital Marketing domain, as a spectator, I have seen tremendous increase in the need for digital marketing services, digital marketing training programs and digital marketers.
In fact, there are more digital marketing influencers now, than ever before.
Since, the digital marketing industry is booming and there is a lot of awareness, the community administrators and moderators (Gaurav Gurbaxani, Snehal Chandak, Piyush Kukreja, Roshan Samuel, Deepak Kanakaraju and Khyati Shah) of ‘Digital Marketing Question and Answers’ on Facebook thought it would be ideal to celebrate the spirit of Digital Marketers on a special day and the decided day is 16th December, 2018, so that just before people break for their vacations, just before year ends and the new year begins, they can indulge into some concrete digital marketing conversations!
And when we rolled the idea on the forum, we saw a lot of folks from the industry get equally excited.
Thanks to Team Social Samosa to join the league!
So what’s the agenda like?
Well, this is the first meet up and the host can plan this in the following ways:
Conference: – people meet, agenda is set and 2-3 people lead by sharing their thoughts. The rest of them share their opinions as the speakers lead.
Planned Agenda: Speakers, panel and a venue.
Can There Be A Cover Charge?
- For two to three hours meet up: upto Rs. 200/-
- For a day long conference: upto Rs. 1000/-
Yes, up to Rs. 1000 can be charged for this event by the host which goes through the cost of the event (some food, charges of payment gateway, promotions, etc.)
Here are some details about the events taking place in India:
- Venue: Amar Fast Foods, GN Chetty Road, TNagar
- Cost: INR 200/-
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/2G9h30Y
- Speakers: Sorav Jain – Thinker in Chief of Echovme
Vikas Chawla – Co-Founder of Social Beat
Rob Peck – Director of Client Servicing, O3M Directional Marketing
- Host: Sorav Jain & Team
- Timings: 11 A.M – 1 P.M
- Contact Number: 91764 02555
- Venue: IIDE, 2 mins walk from Railway Station, Andheri West
- Cost: INR 200/-
- Registration Link: https://imjo.in/8xYwHa
- Speakers: Snehal, Gopal, Alex, Alexander, David, Diipaal & Aaryendr
- Host: Snehal, Roshan and Hemant Shewakramani
- Timings: 1 PM – 5 PM
- Venue: B3 Cerebrum IT Park, Kalyani Nagar
- Speakers: Gaurav Gurbaxani , CO founder
- Host: Gaurav Gurbaxani
- Timings: 1 P.M – 4 P.M
- Contact number : 9850610777
- Venue:3rd Floor, Trinity Towers, Abhyuday Colony, near Prasad Circle, Gangapur Rd
- Speakers: Vanky Kataria
- Registration Link: https://imjo.in/aDyu3x
- Host: Piyush Kukreja
- Timings: 2:00 P.M – 5:00 P.M
- Contact Number: 8087295405
- Venue: Orbosys Cooperation, 60, Phase II, Vasant Vihar, Dehradun
- Speakers: Kunar Srivastava
- Host: Vardankur Vijay
- Timings:12 P.M – 2:30 P.M
- Contact Number: 8449738227
- Venue: The Monarch Studio, 405 Monarch, Gaurav Path, Pal, Adajan, Surat.
Cost: INR 100/-
- Registration Link: bit.ly/DMDSurat18
- Speakers: Dr. Monika Suri ( HOD – School of Business, Auro University),
Dr Hema Agarwal (Professor, SRLIM)
2) The journey of Content from user engagement to conversion.
- Panellists: Nishit K Jariwala (Founder, BuddyBits),
Siddhi Jain (Digital Marketing Manager, iVIPANAN) (It will be a panel discussion)1) User behaviour on Digital media: Challenges and Solution.
- Host: Bhautik Sheth
- Timings:5:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M
- Venue: Jigyaasa, 7-1-80/2 Ameerpet Road Lane adjacent Ratnadeep Supermarket, Telangana 500016
Cost: INR 200/-
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/2QsC6Aw
- Speakers: Ravi Kiran, Smart Telugu Founder, Digital John, Online Marketer at Gurukul Ventures LLP, Samuel, PPC Expert
- Host: B John
- Timings: 2:30P.M – 5:30 P.M
- Venue: Platinum Jubliee Function Hall, Opposite to A.U Distance Education, Chinna Waltair, Visakhapatnam
Cost: INR 500/-
- Registration Link: https://goo.gl/TFuCNh
- Speakers: P. Ratnakar (SEO Specialist) , G. Rakesh(Founder UBnet Solution), K. Mojesh Kumar(Content Marketing Specialist), P. Vishnu Vardhan (Digital Marketing Executive & Founder at LIRC Digital)
- Host: P. Vishnu Vardhan
- Timings: 9:30AM – 5:00PM
#9. Patna, Bihar
- Venue: Ground Floor, Babu Tola Lane, Opp. Womens Hospital, P.M.C.H, Ashok Rajpath Rd, Muradpur, Patna, Bihar 800004
- Speakers: Akash Shankar, Aman Kashyap, Prabhakar Alok
- Registration Link: https://goo.gl/LKxBHR
Host: Prabhakar Alok
- Timings:1:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M
- Contact Number: 8952985328
- Venue: Dr. ambedkar institute of management studies and research nagpur
Host: Neha Dhakate
- Timings:12 P.M – 2 P.M
- Contact Number: 7030107484
- Venue: Anand Incubation Centre, Bapu Nagar, Jaipur
Cost: INR 100/-
- Registration Link: https://goo.gl/KEJSzC
- Speakers: Rishee Miglani, Vagisha Arora, CA Manish Balani
- Host: Hardik Lashkari (Technovation)
- Timings: 3:00 P.M – 5 P.M
One more event being organized in Jaipur:
- Venue: Digicite, 43, Jugraj apartments, Shiv Shankar colony, Gopalpura Bypass, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302019. Landmark – Near Mansarovar Metro Station
- No charges.
- Speakers: Abhay Ranjan – Digital Marketer, Founder – Digicite
- Host: Abhay Ranjan
- Timings: 12:00 P.M – 3:00 P.M
- Contact: 9929096928
#12. Calicut, Kerala
- Venue: Woodies Bleisure Hotel , Palayam ,Calicut
Cost: INR 200/-
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/2QLsLmt
- Speakers: Tasvy,Sana Khader,Ashraf,Ashwathy
- Host: Ashraf ( Hawksee digital solutions Pvt Ltd)
- Timings: 2:00 P.M – 6:00 P.M
#13. Lucknow, UP
- Venue: UP Press club , lucknow, UP
- Speakers: Ashish Shukla
- Host: digitalashish.com
- Timings:2:00 P.M – 2:30 P.M
- Contact Number: 8840036331
- Venue: 91springboard (7th Block, Koramangala) 4th Floor, No 22, Salarpuria Towers-I, Hosur Road, Koramangala
- Cost: INR 600/-
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/2PvfrOk
- Speakers: Saurabh Choudhary – E-commerce Expert, Amar Krishna Jha – Founder Skillbar
Host: DM Confernce
- Timings:9 A.M – 6 P.M
#15. New Delhi
- Venue: A-10, G.T. I. C.C. Colony, Opp. Rana Pratap Bagh, New Delhi – 110007
- Cost: INR 175/-
- Speakers: Rudrabha Mukherjee (Founder, GANIT HUB & an affiliate marketer), Suraj Kumar (An ORM and paid ads specialist)
- Registration Link: https://bit.ly/2LbfuP0 (Closed)
- Call: 9718182534
- Host: Rudrabha & Suraj Kumar
- Timings: 11:00 A.M – 6:00 P.M
- Venue: The Chocolate Room, Madhuban, no.20
- Cost: INR 100/-
- Speakers: Surbhi Jain, Founder, DIGICATION
- Registration Link: https://imjo.in/6yZ7pU
- Host: Surbhi Jain, Founder, DIGICATION
- Timings: 11:00 AM- 1PM
- Venue: Digital ProSchool Harisree, ABMS Lane, Asoka Road, Kaloor PO 682017
- Speakers: Sandeep Kumar – Director GreenAds Global Pvt Ltd – Mobile Advertisement Expert
- Host: Sandeep Kumar
- Timings: 5:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M
- Contact: 9746473396
- Venue: SSPACIA, 4th Floor, Agarwal Complex, Near Municipal Market, C.G. Road, Ahmedabad
- Speakers: Amish Shah (Biz Chief – Prosmit Inc), Sumant Luhar (Blogger)
- Activities: DM Career Mapping for Job Seekers, DM User Behaviour Trends for Biz Owners, Tweetathon, Quiz & Some Surprises.
- Timings: 11am Onwards
- Registration Fee: INR 200
- RSVP: 9033 00 8020 | Hi@Prosmit.In
- #DigitalMarketingDay #Ahmedabad #DMDay2018
For more info, visit our event link on: www.facebook.com/events/233870333996743
If you want the host to get in touch with you, you can fill the form below or you can just click on the respective link or give calls to respective people and book your seat. Most of them have only limited seats for the Meetup. Let’s make this event really really big.
[mks_button size=”medium” title=”Digital Marketing Day Celebration Plan” style=”squared” url=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DpBqa3l0RToZrWRcKTwkJHbyT7LTJyHV8IHAS57p3_w/edit?ts=5c0518f4″ target=”_blank” bg_color=”#dd3333″ txt_color=”#FFFFFF” icon=”” icon_type=”” nofollow=”0″]
5 other ways you can participate:
While you can host a meet up or be part of:
- Create an exclusive #DigitalMarketingDay post on 16th December 2018 and post it across Social Media Channel.
- Blog about Digital Marketing and its future, benefits of digital marketing, career in digital marketing, why digital marketing, scope of digital marketing etc.
- If you are an agency owner, send Digital Marketing Day wishes to all your clients so that they understand its significance.
- You can cut cake / host a party at your workplace. I understand its falling on a Sunday and you might not be working. How about doing it on Saturday evening? (or) host an exclusive meet up on Sunday for your team (f you are an agency owner or if you run a Digital Marketing institute)
- You can also use any of the below posts on Social Media:
If you would like to host a Digital Marketing Day meet up in your city, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below. You can connect with some of the local digital marketers, plan this in your city and keep us informed in the comment section below.
Let’s celebrate the spirit of Digital Marketing!