Marketers by now must be aware of the Fact – Facebook is turning out to be a complete commercialised platform. How brands used to boast about content marketing, techniques to engage, feedback mechanisms is now shifting focus to Facebook Advertisements, Facebook Offers, Facebook Boost Post and Social Media Marketer across the world is learning to make best use of Facebook as ad platform. Facebook is inventing, inventing more in the advertisement front – in future the focus will shift from community marketing to display advertising and this is just the beginning.
- In F8 last night Facebook launched its Mobile Ad Network called Facebook Audience Network (FAN) which shall help developers to allow Facebook to place targeted ads and help them make money and also help millions of advertisers across the globe to place their ads in their preferred app types through Facebook ads dashboard.
- Developers don’t have to own targeting, handle measurement, or route payments as Facebook will do that all through it Audience Network.
- The program will roll-out in few months and will be showcased to advertisers interested in App Install / Engagement ads through Facebook ads dashboard. Developers can apply for BETA Testing or talk to Facebook Ad representative to get an early access.
- Through FAN, Facebook is aiming to meet different objectives of Marketing such as website traffic, ecommerce purchases and more.
- Facebook Ad Network will give tough competition to Google AdMob and Twitter MoPub as time goes by.
- There are three kind of Advertisements that iOS / Android app developers can currently opt for: Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Native Ads
- Banner Ads: These are small one liner ads that you can place on top or bottom of the ads.
- Interstitial Ads: These ads are full screen ads that you can show in your app.
- Native Ads: The Native Ad API allows you to build a customised experience for the ads you show in your app. When using the Native Ad API, instead of receiving an ad ready to be displayed, you will receive a group of ad properties such as a title, an image, a call to action, and you will have to use them to construct a custom UIView where the ad is shown.
Earlier Facebook Advertisement was about placing ads on Timeline, FAN is a paradigm shift – it now allows people to run ads outside their network and I am sure developers will not be hesitant to take it forward!
Check out the latest video on FAN by Facebook: